Sunday, August 8, 2010

Really happy

I'm mostly very happy with my life. I'm enjoying The Ferret House -- even if the hours I've spent watching HGTV are nothing compared to actually *doing* the actual work.
I'm looking forward to returning to the classroom - even if I'm very suspicious and unhappy about how this event occurred.
I love my family very much -- even though I'm concerned that my young cousins are turning into brats and I don't know what to do about it. Is it just there age? Is it parenting? and how do I not make the same mistakes? Should I broach the subject or just let them become people I don't like?
I love my boyfriend -- even though I wish he lived closer and we could be together most days instead of just the weekends.
We met on-line, which is something I used to be embarrassed about. I had this idea that only desperate people, losers, ugly people, people that lived in their parent's basement used on line dating. But over the last year, I've given this up. I no longer say "a friend of a friend" set us up, as I used to do. I proclaim "We met online!" I'm happy to be a poster couple for this kind of relationship.
But-- tonight - I'm wishing that I set my mile parameters much shorter. I'm wishing we lived close enough for daily visits as opposed to weekly.
Very wishful tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment